Halloween Competition 2021 at Fit Rocks!
Date: Saturday, October 23rd, 2021
Location: Fit Rocks Saint John – 40 Ashburn Lake Road, Saint John, NB.
Youth Division (18 and under) – $20 entry
Adult Recreational Division (16 and older) – $40 entry
Adult Competitive Division (16 and older) – $40 entry – (This division includes finals, and a chance to be qualified for Bouldering Nationals in Quebec – more info below.)
Bouldering Nationals: Only those in the Adult Competitive Division will have a finals, and be eligible for prizes associated with that. Also, there is an opportunity to be qualified to compete in Bouldering Nationals at Delire in Quebec City. This competition, as well as the FBC competition on Nov 6th will be used as qualifiers. The best male, and female performance between the two competitions will be able to represent NB.
Schedule for Saturday, October 23rd:
7:30am – Youth sign in
8:00am to 10:00am – Youth competition
9:30am – Adult competitive sign in
10:15am to 12:15am – Adult competitive competition
11:45am – Adult recreational sign in
12:30pm to 2:30pm – Adult recreational competition
7:00pm to 9:00pm – Adult Finals
9:15pm – Announcement of winners and prizes
We are still working on this, and will try to announce ASAP. Getting licenses for things at the moment is a bit complicated, but we are doing our best. Of course, you are always permitted to bring anything you like!
Swag and Prizes: All adult entries, both competitive and recreational, will be eligible for prizes and giveaways
- Our first 50 signups will be guaranteed a free shirt!
- Tons of swag and prize giveaways from Fit Rocks and various local businesses
- Prizes will be given out throughout the day, and at the end of the finals in the evening
- Timbertop Adventures
- River and Trail
- More to come…
- COVID rules:
- This is an ever changing answer, but at the time of writing this the province will have vaccine passports enforced. This would mean anyone spectating or competing will need to show proof of double vaccination.
- No refunds will be available unless the entire competition is forced to shut down due to unforeseen circumstances (such as COVID). You will be permitted to sell your entry to someone else.
- You must be in attendance at the time of the prize giveaway in order to receive it. We will give prizes away throughout the day during all levels of competition, and a majority of prizes will be given away in the evening after the Competitive Division Finals.
- Spectating Finals:
- We urge EVERYONE to come back and spectate finals, and also to bring others! It is a fun thing to watch, and helps our competitors climb harder with a bigger audience.
- Skill Level and Competitive vs. Recreational Division:
- Not sure which division to enter? This is a personal question and you should just do what you think you would enjoy the most! If you can regularly climb red and purple tape at Fit Rocks, you won’t feel overwhelmed by the competitive division. If you just want to relax and have fun, and have zero interest in finals then just join Recreational.
- If you don’t want to compete but want to help volunteer at the competition, reach out to us!
- Did we miss something?
- Send us a message if you feel we missed something here or if you have any other questions!